This 1-day Proficiency in Designated Security Duties ISPS course is designed to meet the requirements of the STCW Convention and Code as amended by the Manila amendments (2010). The associated training/instruction must meet the requirements of Section A-VI paragraphs 6-8 of the amended STCW code, and leads to the issue of a recognised STCW Certificate of Proficiency on completion.
This course can also be delivered at company premises or another agreed location globally.
IMO Introduction: ISPS Code
Designated Security Duties ISPS course – Objectives
- To understand why the ship security is important and knows the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved
- To know what constitutes security risk, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations
- To know the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems
- To know how to maintain the measures in a ship security plan and related requirements
- To be able to maintain the effectiveness of security arrangements, procedures and equipment at the three security levels, taking into account their limitations
Designated Security Duties ISPS course – Benefits
- It meets the requirements of the STCW Convention and Code as amended by the Manila amendments (2010) and contains the mandatory requirements regarding security training since 1st January 2012, which came into force on the 1st January 2014 for International Ship & Port Facility (ISPS) Code compliant vessels
- Gaining the ability to maintain the conditions set out in a ship security plan
- Being able to recognise security risk and threats
- Acquiring the appropriate skills to properly use security equipment and systems
- Delivered by experts in ISPS security management in an engaging interactive style
- It can be cost effectively delivered at your company premises or other locations worldwide
Designated Security Duties ISPS course – Availability and Fees
This course is delivered as a dedicated group package for corporate clients, upon request. The associated inclusive corporate fee will be subject to specific company requirements, such as location, number of delegates etc.
Open attendance courses are regularly available in the locations detailed below. Please select the appropriate link for further information, course dates/availability and fees.
Dover (Maritime Skills Academy)
Glasgow (Clyde Training Solutions)
Southampton (Warsash Maritime Academy)
Other ISPS/Security Management Courses
Azimuth also offers the following ISPS/Security Management courses:
Company Security Officer ISPS course
Port Facility Security Officer ISPS course
Ship Security Officer ISPS course